January 9, 2010

Mars, 10pm, Lincoln Memorial

It is a very strange thing. Ever since The Meltdown a few months ago, the entire population of the Earth had to evacuate the planet. The radiation was just too much. I thought I’d be able to stay at my home for my entire life, but now here I am on the US colony on Mars. My entire life has just become an oddity. I have to check my watch to even know if it’s night or day. It looks like it is 10pm, but for all I know it’s actually 1pm. The sun always looks the same. My home is just a bubble, like everyone else, in a long series of tubes for living in. I’m watching the entire set of monuments which just arrived from Washington D.C. – everything from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washingnton monument – being spacelifted into position. I certainly won’t think I’m back in America though. Sure I recognize all the stuff, but it is as though I’m in a snowglobe. I’m under complete control of outside forces, absent of a former sense of self. There’s just my bubble and the vast expanse of redness outside.

I don’t even know how I’m going to survive very long, there isn’t any infrastructure. The Meltdown was so sudden, it simply happened. One moment nothing, the next an entire nuclear arsenal exploded. Well, maybe it’s time for a new start, with a new population that won’t stand for the horrible events of Earth’s history to happen on Mars too. Just the good events will happen…

No comments:

Post a Comment