January 1, 2010

Amazon, Morning, River

I really hate the river in the morning. It’s just those mosquitoes. They always bite me, so I can never sleep in just for a few moments longer. They’re absolutely huge, too. As they always say, everything is always bigger in the Amazon. A mosquito as large as your whole hand is beyond belief. I guess that’s what happens from radiation exposure.

Many people have thought that the world would end from nuclear weapons, but who could have imagined that a meteor undetectable by any modern instruments would be the real threat? Ever since the meteor hit the highest peaks of the Andes 100 years ago, it has seemed like the world would end in any moment. It gave off a unique type of radiation at levels thought to be impossible and immediately lethal. All it ended up doing was permanently altering the ecosystem.

Of course I’m the one sent to study these monstrous creatures. I don’t really care much anyway. The radiation has been spreading beyond the Amazon at an exponential rate for at least 25 years. I’ll probably turn into a monster like these creatures that woke me up this morning. So will everyone else.

Ah, finally, here’s the Super Tree. Scientists and their uncreative names… It’s huge, it looks like it is 10 trees wrapped together, tall as that skyscraper-city in Cuba. You’d think there would be a better name for it. As soon as these shark sized piranhas move I’ll be able to reach it…

No comments:

Post a Comment